The Elevator Pitch
Podcasts, smart speakers, voice assistants, earbuds, social audio, and audio enabled content, are all part of the latest digital disruption in customer engagement: the emergence of the Sonic channel. Marketers need to begin integrating the Sonic channel into their marketing mix and need to start doing so soon before they are left behind by more innovation-embracing competitors, as many were by the mobile and then the social media disruptions.
The Talking Points
- The Sonic channel is here. Sound, audio and voice can no longer be dismissed as a passing trend. Podcasts, smart speakers, earbuds, voice assistants, voice search, social audio, and audio enabled content, are here to stay, and there is more to come.
- Sound, audio and voice strike the perfect balance between effort and content: compared to text, which requires minimal effort but delivers flat, cold meaning, and video, which delivers rich meaning but for a lot of effort, voice and audio enable users to communicate a lot of content with relatovely little effort.
- Marketers can no longer ignore the Sonic dimension without incurring the risk of falling behind. Customers want to engage through sound, voice, and audio, and brands had better listen.
- There are many ways a brand can start to establish their Sonic presence. They can launch a podcast, an Alexa skill or a Google action; they can audio-enable their web or mobile presence; or they can launch a presence in social audio.
- Brands need also to be fully informed about what Sonic means and why it is important. Creators need to learn how to design and build for compelling Sonic usability, and marketers need to understand how to market in a Sonic world.
- We are in the age of voice first, smart speakers, earbuds, social audio, voice ads and voice responsive ads. Screens are going to be less ubiquitous than they are now. So what happens when one is not looking at your brand? How will you stand out?
- Sound gives brands a sensorial perspective which just strengthens the immersive experience that the current consumer is looking for.
- The Sonic dimension
- The Sonic channel
- The Sonic Web
- Voice First
- Sonic Branding
- The Sonic revolution
- Sonic-enable your brand
- Your Sonic presence
- How does your brand sound?
- Give your customers a voice -- a real voice
- Sound packs a lot of content punch for the effort
- Sound is the most inclusive of all media
- Sonic is the most natural of all media
- With conversational voice, technology is bending to our way of doing things than the other way around
- Sound is a universal language
- Sonic Marketing
Note: Wherever you see "Sonic," you can replace it with: "Sound," "Voice," "Voice First," or "Audio."
Facts & Stats
Please go here: https://witlingo.com/voice-first-facts/
Pull In from Outside: This is a hashtag that is used by people outside of the Sonic community. We will use it in our tweets and other social media posts so that people outside of our community will come across our tweets and posts when they click on the tag:
Keep in the SBA: This is a hashtag that is rarely used by other members of the Sonic community. When someone clicks on it, most of the tweets and posts that they will get will be from members of the SBA:
For easy copy and paste: #VoiceFirst #FlashBriefing #Microcast #Multicast #AudioNFTs
For usability by the blind (who rely on Text to Speech - TTS - software), please use Upper case for the start of each word in a compound hashtag. The TTS software uses upper case to identify the start of a word. Use #SonicMarketing instead of #sonicmarketing, etc..
Click here for the docs.