The similarities between the 1920s and 2020s are uncanny and you can go here to read more about them. But for the purposes of this newsletter, I want to borrow the roar metaphor to sound the alert to all Marketers out there who don't like to play catch up when it comes to digital disruptions, that one of the great digital frontiers ahead of us is that of voice, sound and audio.
Here are a few items on matters sonic -- voice, sound and audio -- that I hope you will find interesting. As always, I would love to hear from you.
1. Two big announcements:
- This week, Witlingo is adding Amazon Flash Briefings and Google Assistant News actions as types of Audio Stations. This means that anyone who has an account with Witlingo will be able to publish a Flash Briefing or a News action by simply selecting audios from their list of audios. Look out for the announcement coming your way in the next few days.
- If you are interested in minting Audio NFTs through the Witlingo platform, please feel free to apply to the early access program.
2. Insight of the week: The number of voice assistant-powered earbud owners climbed by 103% in the past two years to 43.7 million in 2020. Why? Because earbuds (e.g., AirPods) uniquely afford users with eyes-free, hand-free, access to information and command-and-control actions while they are mobile. In a nutshell, they combine in one form factor what makes smart speakers so valuable with what makes smartphones so indispensable.
3. Worth a read:
- Amazon, can we have our name back? https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/interact...
- Who Cares If Your Brand “Beeps” Or “Boops”? https://jeanna-isham.medium.com/who-cares-if-your-...
4. Worth a listen: Episode 4 of The Sonic Voices Multicast.
5. Worth watching: The latest episode of Lingofest. This Part One of the Lingofest interview with Dan Miller, Founder of Opus Research.
Guess the movie: And now for some fun! Can you tell what movie this is just from the audio? Go here and try it out.
If you want to hear what people are saying about Witlingo, check out these audio testimonials:
Sonic Sunday -- The Boom is Coming! is a weekly digest on interesting matters Sonic, brought to you by Witlingo. To receive the newsletter via email, please click here. For an archive of previous issues, please click here.