Below are a few thoughts and items on matters sonic -- voice, sound and audio -- that we hope you will find interesting.
1. Quote of the week: "A new study reinforces the value of including audio in the media mix for ad campaigns and the importance of frequency in messaging when it comes to delivering results for advertisers. ..[T]he study found that ad engagement climbs with each audio exposure across industry categories, audio platforms and genres." For more, please go here.
2. Worth reading:
3. Worth listening to: Episode 101- The Sound of Corporate Sponsorship (Part One).
4. Worth watching:
- Harnessing the Power of Sound | Steve Keller | TEDxNashville
- The latest episode of Lingofest. This past week, we premiered Part One of our interview with Janice Rivera, Director, and Sound Designer at Offbook Productions, and Sound Designer at The Little Theatre of Alexandria.
5. Post an audio: We are collecting the Sounds of Summer '22. If there's a sound that you would like to share that captures for you the sound of Summer, please go here share it with us. At the end of the summer, we will publish The Summer 2022 Audio Wall soundcasing the audio submitted to us.
Last couple of things:
- To sign up for a Witlingo account, please go here.
- For a summary of the main highlights on the latest upgrade of the Witlingo platform, please go here.
- To order Witlingo's CEO's newly released book, "The Elements of Voice First Style," (O'Reilly Media, 2022), please go here.
- To listen to an audio summary of this newsletter and previous newsletter, check out the audio carousel below.
Sonic Sunday -- The Boom is Coming! is a weekly digest on interesting matters Sonic, brought to you by Witlingo. To receive the newsletter via email, please click here. For an archive of previous issues, please click here.