Below are a few thoughts and items on matters sonic -- voice, sound and audio -- that we hope you will find interesting.
1. Quote of the week: ""Digital audio has been taking up more than an hour per day of US adults’ time since 2016, and 2022 will be another year of solid growth. They will consume an additional 3 minutes per day of digital audio this year, to reach 1:40. Among active digital audio listeners, the daily figure will be a robust 2:17."" For more, please go here.
2. Worth reading:
3. Worth listening to: A recording of The July 13th, 2022 Clubhouse event hosted by Jodi Krangle.
- Topic: The Power of Digital Audio for Customer Engagement
- Panel: Jodi Krangle, with Audrey Arbeeny, Ahmed Bouzid, Jeanna Isham, and Steve Keller.
4. Worth watching:
- The latest episode of Lingofest. This past week, we premiered Part Two of our interview with Bijan Machen, Chief Creative Officer at We Uplift The World.
5. Post an audio: We are collecting the Sounds of Summer '22. If there's a sound that you would like to share that captures for you the sound of Summer, please go here share it with us. At the end of the summer, we will publish The Summer 2022 Audio Wall soundcasing the audio submitted to us.
Last couple of things:
- To sign up for a Witlingo account, please go here.
- For a summary of the main highlights on the latest upgrade of the Witlingo platform, please go here.
- To order Witlingo's CEO's newly released book, "The Elements of Voice First Style," (O'Reilly Media, 2022), please go here.
- To listen to an audio summary of this newsletter and previous newsletter, check out the audio carousel below.
Sonic Sunday -- The Boom is Coming! is a weekly digest on interesting matters Sonic, brought to you by Witlingo. To receive the newsletter via email, please click here. For an archive of previous issues, please click here.